Saturday, May 7, 2011

Guest Bath

This little 1/2 bath is really fun to decorate. I change out the towels and soap dispenser with the seasons. However, there are "staples" that are there no matter what the season. I plan on putting some paint on the walls, but can't decide what color. It's a tiny space and I don't want it to feel even tinier. My sister who is visiting from Alabama (Roll Tide!) was seeing my house for the first time  couple of days ago, and made a comment that it was weird not seeing color on the walls! In the south, there are rarely white walls. In California, unless your home is custom built, all the walls are white! That's fine with me because then I can paint them the color I want. But it's true! I think that's why I have a hard time painting my walls. I thought I was REALLY gutsy (I WAS!!!) when I painted 2 walls in my kitchen RED shortly after we moved in. Apparently, that's very common where she lives. We'll see...Perhaps doing the bottom half of the wall in beadboard (white of course :)) and the top half a color? Now, that might be an idea!! 


















I will be joining the following blog parties...please take a look! They're all AWESOME! :)


18 comments:

  1. Cute bath and I love that you change the accessories around. It looks gorgeous. Thanks in advance for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boxes atop the commode and the basket of Country Living magazines. Attention to detail is everything. I also live in California and know what you mean by feeling "gutsy" when you paint the walls. Do it! Go bold! Thanks for posting your design plus the list of all the link parties. Good to know. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that picture over the towels. Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute bathroom. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't go wrong with beadboard!! I love the stuff, wish I had some in my home. You have such a cute little bathroom, I love the way you've decorated it and that you change it up often.
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool bath. i love the accessories you place into the place.

    im a follower here. care to follow back? thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bath. I never pay mine any attention, but you made me think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little powder room. It has a relaxing feel to it. I have a little bath almost the same layout. I just removed ugly wallpaper and painted a very light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great. Love all your accessories. Thanks for linking to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I'd like to invite you to post it on Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be up all week, I hope you can join in. Have a nice week, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete